Meet The Makers
Born in Monto, Paul then grew up in Gympie and moved to Brisbane just before starting high school. He began making clothing for himself more than 45 Years ago as a hobby whilst studying at University. After completing his Science Degree, he loaded his sewing machine into his VW Kombi, and started selling his products at markets in Brisbane, Northern NSW, Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania. With a rather fond liking of Melbourne, he then opened a shop in Bay St, Port Melbourne in 1983 and started to become well-known for his Custom-Made Leather Jackets.
He decided to come back to Brisbane for EXPO '88, and after meeting his wife Oosaar, he stayed to settle down on The Sunshine Coast with his family.
You can find Paul in his Eumundi Shop a few days a week, happy to have a chat :)
Born in Thailand, Oosaar and her sister decided to move to Australia during the 1990s in search of better career opportunities. They both met Paul and began working with him, helping out with the sewing and selling at markets. Coming from a crafty family back in Thailand, Oosaar quickly picked up sewing in no time and started to design and make many unique and trendy products of her own.
They then got married and raised 3 Children in the beautiful Hinterland of the Sunshine Coast.
Oosaar has now become the main sewing machinist in the business and puts together most of our jackets, bags, and wallets. You can find her relaxing at home, out to dinner with friends, gardening and working her own hours :)
Melody is the middle child of The McCauls. After finishing high school, she still had a keen interest in working for the Family Business.
She runs her own Creative Studio Business on the side from home, which becomes very handy with the website, online shop and social media.
She manufactures most of our Belts and does a-lot of Custom-Made work. You can find her helping out at the shop a few days a week, and happy to make up any belt for you on the spot :)
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
They use premium sourced Kangaroo and Cowhide leather, combined with YKK Zips and High Quality sewing thread to produce long-lasting leather goods.
The Real McCaul is one of the only companies in Australia producing Tailor-Made Leather Jackets. Paul was a well known tailor in Melbourne and the East Coast and offers his services to you to produce a one-off custom made jacket. You can choose the leather, colour, style and fittings all to match how perfectly fitted the jacket is to your liking.
They give a Lifetime Guarantee (10 Years) on the workmanship of everything they make. As they say "The price is soon forgotten but the quality is not".
- Durability - All our products carry a TEN YEAR WRITTEN GUARANTEE on the stitching and workmanship of the article.
- Quality - Our suppliers know we're only interested in the best of the best - The best leather is sourced. Kangaroo (Australia), Cowhide (Australia, Japan, Italy, Germany, South America).
- The best zips. We exclusively use "YKK" Brass and hard wearing 'Wetsuit' nylon zips where scratching would be a problem.
- Versatility - All McCaul garments carry the ingenious Real McCaul stamp of versatility - there are simply so many ways to wear and use a real McCaul item.
- Style - Nothing beats a Paul McCaul Leather item for flair and appeal.
- Price - Due to the handmade nature of this product prices vary and are available on request directly from Paul by phone or email. We give you value and in this day and age that is a fast diminishing virtue.
Shop our Best Sellers
A range of our most popular products!
Each item has been individually handcrafted with 100% Solid Leather, High-Quality Zips/Fittings, and comes with a 10 Year Warranty on the workmanship.
All handmade by us on The Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia